1. Standard or all access subscriptions
If you want to offer a subscription in your app, there are two options:
- Standard Subscription: this is the traditional type of subscription where you get access to new collections or PDF content items (i.e. issues) that are added during the period of your subscription.
- All Access Subscription: this can be compared to e.g. Spotify or Apple Music type of subscriptions: you get access to all content in the app, as long as your subscription remains valid.
1.2. Latest content
New subscribers will automatically receive the most recent paid collection or PDF added to your app (for standard subscriptions only).
2. Adding a duration
To create a duration for an auto-renewable subscription, you need to specify the following details:
- Duration: The interval of the subscription. On iOS, it is either 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months or one year.
Product identifier: A unique reverse-DNS for this duration. This product identifier has to be the same as the one entered in AppStore Connect / Google Play Developer Console, for example
- Title (iOS & Android): The name a reader will see in the list of subscriptions on the device.
- Description (iOS & Android): The description a reader will see in the list of subscriptions of the device.
3. Adding a subscription
3.1. In App Store Connect (iOS)
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com -> Manage Your Application -> Select your application -> Manage In-App Purchases -> Create New
- Choose the correct type of subscription (usually Auto-Renewable) and create a new subscription family or select an existing subscription family.
Just like on the Twixl platform, you have to add a duration for the subscription. You need to use the same product identifier & matching duration as on the Twixl platform, for example
3.2. In the Google Play Developer Console (Android)
- Go to https://play.google.com -> navigate to the In-App Products for your app.
Create the same subscription with the same product identifier & matching duration as on the Twixl platform, for example