This KB-article explains the concept of our Kiosk app. It will help you if you want to create a traditional kiosk app. It's part of our Getting Started with Twixl guide. Please make sure to read that guide if you are new to Twixl Publisher and want to get to get acquainted with our product.
The purpose of this sample app is to demonstrate how to create a traditional Kiosk App. This is certainly interesting for users that used to have issue-based apps in the past or are planning to convert an existing issue-based app into an article-based app. The app is meant to just give you an impression, it is neither a real nor a finished project. It's a kiosk app with PDF Content Items, a Hamburger Menu and support for the Browser Client in addition to iOS and Android.
ABOUT SAMPLE APPS:
Please remember that you can play around with Sample Apps. In other words: the default settings provided by Twixl media can be altered at any point!
- The app is configured as a Landscape and Portrait app (both Phones and Tablets)
- It has a Hamburger Menu
- It has the Browser Client activated
- It has different Browse Grids & Item Styles
- It has 1 type of content: PDF Content Items. You can of course add other types of Content Items as well, and even use a mix of different types!
- It supports downloading of content for offline access.
- Web Link with an image (logo) and text, that links to a website. You could also use an Inline or Embedded Web Viewer, if you want to implement a Web Banner.
- Collection Link with text and an image, designed in such a way that this magazine mimics the Featured Issue of a Legacy issue-based app. It links to a PDF Content Item.
- Collection Link that links to a PDF Content Item. This style is used for all the rest of the magazines.