Add a map with ease
Integrate an Apple Map (iOS) or Google Map (Android)
- Address: Enter the address here like you would in the search bar on http://maps.google.com or the Apple Maps app.
- Info window: here you can enter the text that you want to display for that location.
- Google Maps API key: If you work with Google Maps, Google requires you to have a valid Google Maps API key and 2 activated services. See below.
- Display As: allows you to select the map type.
How to setup your Google Maps API key
Activate the required API's
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform API Library (direct link to the Library) and login with your Google Account.
- Search for and activate the following Libraries:
- Geocoding API
ABOUT THE GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
We advise you to use the same Google Account as the Google Developer Account. This will make it easier to implement changes later on.
Create the required API key
- Continue or go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- From the Project drop-down menu, select or create the project for which you want to add an API key.
- From the Navigation (Hamburger) menu, select APIs & Services > Credentials.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
- The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- On the dialog, click Restrict Key.
- On the API key page, under Key restrictions, set the Application restrictions.
- Select None.
- Select Don't restrict key.
- Click Save.
Your API key is ready for use in the Twixl Publisher plugin Maps widget.
INFO ABOUT THE COST OF USING GOOGLE MAPS:
Although free credits and packages are included in the use of a Google MAPS API key, Google may charge you if you exceed the free limit. Basically, you get a $200 free credit pack per month. For more info and the latest pricing schemes, see this page or contact Google.