1. Setup your App ID in the Apple Portal
To enable Push Notifications in your iOS app, you need to configure the App ID properly.
- Login to your Apple Developer Account on https://developer.apple.com , then in the section Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, select Identifiers > App ID
- If you want to edit an existing App ID, select Configure, otherwise select '+' to add a new App ID.
- After you entered a description for this App ID and the Bundle Identifier (make sure to use the same reverse-DNS name as in the Twixl platform), you can configure it.
2. Activate Push Notifications for your App ID
- When in the App ID detail window, you'll notice a list of all App Services.
- Enable Push Notifications.
- Click 'Done'.
3. How to create the authentication key (p8)
- In the Apple dev portal, go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, then select Keys.
+to add a new key.
- Give the key a name.
- Enable the service called Apple Push Notifications (APNs).
- Click Continue. You will then be asked to confirm your key configuration.
- Click on Confirm to create the key.
- Select Download in the next screen to download the .p8 file to your local machine.
- Write down the value for Key ID.
- Then, navigate to https://developer.apple.com/account and click on Membership in the left column, and write down the Team ID.
- You are now ready to go ahead and configure push notifications on Firebase, as described here.