There are two ways to preview your app content:
- Preview your app in the iOS Simulator.
- Preview an app with the Twixl app.
The Twixl App allows you to preview your apps and check what your browse pages and article details will look like without first needing to create a real test app. You just need to scan a QR code. The article below shows you how.
Previewing your app
2. In App Home, you can see the QR code right away.
3. Click the QR code icon on every page of the app project and a pop-up will show the QR code.
Just below the QR code, you can check 'include unpublished articles' so content items that have not been published yet will also be included in the preview.
Open the Twixl app on your mobile device (Android or iOS), tap SCAN and scan the QR-code. Your app will display the preview in the Twixl App. The Root Collection will kick in and you can check how content is displayed.
You can make adjustments in the Collection, Browse Grid Styles, Cell Styles or any content/setting and these will be reflected in the app after a refresh (the 'refresh' icon is located in the toolbar if you are using a Hamburger menu).
Sharing your app
For an Administrator or an App Administrator, it's also very easy to share an app with e.g. a customer, a copywriter, etc. You have 2 options:
- You can use the traditional App Reviewer user. See Manage Users for more info. This option is an additional way to give somebody a more permanent access to an app. The App Reviewer needs to login on the Twixl platform and there he/she will find an overview of all the assigned apps, with easy access to the QR codes.
- You can also share your app with anyone without creating an App Reviewer user.
In Application Home > Click More Actions icon > Select Share icon > fill in the required fields and share your app! The recipient will receive clear instructions via email.