For the InDesign plug-in
Adobe InDesign from CC2015 and up on macOS or Windows.
For the app builder application
The Twixl Publisher application requires macOS Monterey 12.x or higher.
For creating iOS apps
Xcode will allow you to get a preview of your application in the iOS simulator on macOS. The components panel of the macOS app will alert you if it needs to be installed or updated.
- Xcode is a free download from the Mac App Store
- In order to create app builds that can be installed on a device, or to submit apps in the App Store, you need at least Xcode 14 and need to be registered as a developer in the "iOS Developer Program" (99$/yr): Start here to enroll now.
For creating Android apps
- Android SDK: the Android SDK needs to be available to create Android builds. The System Check in preferences allows you to check for the presence of the Android SDK and offer to install it if it's unavailable, or update it if a newer release is available.
- In order to submit Android apps in the Google Play store, you need a Google Play account.
Minimum version requirements
Below is an overview of the different OS and app versions that are supported by Twixl Publisher.
iOS and Android
(refers to the OS versions required to install the apps on those devices)
- iOS: 14.x or higher
- Android: 7.x or higher
macOS and Xcode
(refers to the versions required for creating app builds)
- macOS: 12.x or higher
- Xcode: Xcode 14.x or higher for building and submitting apps (to support the latest iOS versions and devices, you should always us the latest version).
To submit mobile apps (.ipa) to the App Store, you need the Transporter App. See this article.