For the InDesign plug-in
- Adobe InDesign CC2018, CC2017, CC2015, CC2014 on macOS or on Windows.
For the app builder application
The Twixl Publisher application requires the latest version of either macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12 or OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
For creating iOS apps
Xcode will allow you to get a preview of your application in the iOS simulator on macOS (but trust us, you'll never need to open the application itself ;-). The System Check at startup will automatically check for the presence and offer a link to install it if Xcode is not installed.
- Xcode for macOS High Sierra and Sierra is a free download from the Mac App Store
- In order to create app builds that can be installed on a device, or to submit apps in the App Store, you need at least Xcode 9 and need to be registered as a developer in the "iOS Developer Program" (99$/yr): Start here to enroll now.
For creating Android apps
- Android SDK: the Android SDK needs to be available to create Android builds. The System Check at startup will automatically check for the presence of the Android SDK and offer to install it if it's unavailable.
- In order to submit Android apps in the Google Play store, you need a Google Play account.
Minimum version requirements
Below is an overview of the different OS and app versions that are supported by Twixl Publisher version.
iOS and Android
(refer to the OS versions required to install the apps on those devices)
- iOS: 9.3 or higher
- Android: 4.4 or higher (tablets with screen size of at least 1024x600)
macOS and Xcode
(refer to the versions required for creating app builds)
- macOS: 10.12 or higher (10.11 can be used for previewing only, not for building and submitting apps)
- Xcode: Xcode 9.2 for building and submitting apps (Xcode 8.0 can be used for previewing only)
To submit mobile applications (.ipa) to the App Store, you always need the latest version of the Application Loader and Xcode.
At this moment: Xcode 9 (requires macOS 10.12.6 Sierra or later).