Apps that use the Twixl Distribution Platform allow you to add PDFs to the kiosk, in addition to Twixl Publisher .publication files (and .html-articles or other content items if you make article-based apps).
PDF files can be uploaded directly to the Twixl Distribution Platform, and you can even mix both Twixl Publisher .publication files and PDF files in the same kiosk app (or article-based apps).
- You can add PDFs as separate issues in multi-issue apps on the Twixl Distribution Platform. How these PDFs have been generated is not important by itself, but there are a few things to take into account when creating these PDF files:
- If you export from Adobe InDesign, use the "Twixl Publisher PDF" export preset that has been installed automatically when you installed the plug-in
- Make sure the PDF is an RGB PDF as CMYK PDFs will display very strange colors on mobile devices
- Make sure the PDF doesn't use any ICC profiles as they are not supported on mobile devices
- It's preferred not to flatten the PDF but retain full transparency in order to avoid output artifacts and large file sizes.
- Please note that the Twixl Distribution Platform will not fix any of these problems automatically in PDF files that are uploaded.
- Using tools like Enfocus Switch in combination with Enfocus Pitstop Server, it is possible to automate the whole process of optimizing the PDFs and uploading the files to the Twixl Distribution Platform.