October and November 2020 were very busy months. Twixl was not alone in releasing new stuff:
- Adobe released Creative Cloud 2021.
- Apple released Xcode 12.2, macOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon Macs (with the new M1 CPU inside).
In this KB-article, we create an overview of what is compatible and what is not.
We'll also keep this KB-article up-to-date on a regular basis. In other words: stay tuned!
About Apple Silicon Macs
- Twixl Publisher is not ready yet
- Adobe InDesign CC2021 (but also other Adobe apps) is completely unusable
- Twixl iOS apps cannot be used yet on Apple Silicon Macs. See this page for more info about the subject.
- Don't use Apple Silicon Macs for your production environment yet and keep an Intel Mac at your disposal!
- Don't make your iOS app available for Apple Silicon Macs yet.
- Although Adobe is stating that most Creative Cloud apps should work fine, we experienced serious problems during our testing.
About Adobe InDesign CC2021
- On Apple Silicon Macs: Unusable
- On Intel Macs: The following bugs were fixed in version 13.1:
- General: Buttons in the plugin are quirky (layout-wise)
- Twixl Preflight engine: Errors don't show up
- Twixl Publisher Movie panel: Unaccessible
- On Intel Macs, please use version 13.1!
- For Apple Silicon Macs, keep an eye on this page for more news…
- The Adobe Creative Cloud is also working well on Intel machines. See this KB-article.