You can use Google Analytics to collect information about the usage of your iOS and Android apps, and of the Browser client.
Setup in Google Analytics
You'll need to generate a Google Analytics property for each platform you want to have separate analytics for.
To generate a Google Analytics Key:
- Login to analytics.google.com.
- Select Admin in the bottom left corner.
- Create a new Property .
- In Property Setup, make sure to select 'Show Advanced Options '.
- Enable the option 'Create a Universal Analytics property' (never mind that it says 'It is not recommended for new Analytics users, and it will not support app measurement')
- Enter a 'fake' URL in the website URL field. This doesn't really matter as you will be using this for an app, not a web site.
- Finish creating the property.
- In the next step, under Tagging Instructions, you can link this new property to an older property (if you used one before). Look for the option Use existing on-page tag.
Setup for iOS & Android apps & the Browser Client
If you want to activate Google Analytics for your mobile apps and/or the Browser Client, select 'Edit App' and enter the Google Analytics Key in the relevant fields. For an overview of all application options, you can check this article.