There are two ways to preview your app content:
- Preview your article-based app in the iOS Simulator.
- Preview an app with the Twixl app.
The Twixl App allows you to preview your article-based apps and check what your browse pages and article details will look like without first needing to create a real test app. You just need to scan a QR code. The article below explains how to do this.
Previewing your app
- In the Application Overview, you can select the option show qr-code.
- In the Application Detail View, you can see the QR code right away.
Open the Twixl app on your mobile device (Android or iOS), tap on SCAN and scan the QR-code. Your article-based app will display the preview in the Twixl App. The Root Collection will kick in and you can check how content is displayed. You can make adjustments in the Collection, Browse Grid Styles, Cell Styles or any content/setting and these will be reflect in the app after a refresh.
The Refresh Icon is located in the Toolbar (if you are using a Hamburger menu).
TIP: HOW TO SCAN A NEW APP:
- For iOS Apps: Tapping the Title (in the toolbar) will close the current project and then you can scan another project.
- For Android Apps: Double tapping the Android Back button will close the current project and then you can scan another project.
Sharing your app
For an Administrator or an App Administrator, it's also very easy to share an article-based app with e.g. a customer, a copywriter, etc. You have 2 options:
- You can use the traditional App Reviewer User. See Manage Users for more info. This option is an additional way to give somebody a more permanent access to an article-based app. The App Reviewer needs to login on the Twixl Distribution Platform and there he/she will find an overview of all the assigned apps, with easy access to the QR codes.
- Or you can share an article-based app with an anonymous user. This is ideal to share your app with a user that needs access temporarily. Click on Share Application in the Application Detail, fill in the required fields and go! The recipient will receive clear instructions via email.
INFO ABOUT APP REVIEWER USERS:
App Reviewer users have access to the Twixl Distribution Platform, so they can scan the QR codes from there! All you need to do, is instruct them to visit platform.twixlmedia.com and login with their account.