Apple has rejected our old solution, the tR App Reviewer because they no longer accepted the concept of providing a dashboard to test several apps.
That's why we are providing a couple of alternatives:
- Preview your article-based app in the iOS Simulator.
- Preview an app with the new Twixl app.
As of Twixl Publisher 8, it's possible to create and preview a full test-app in the iOS Simulator. Find out how in this KB-article.
- A Mac with Twixl Publisher 8.0 or higher installed
- You don't need to have access to a physical device to preview your article-based app.
- The app will react and behave in exactly the same way as an app deployed to the App Store.
- The app can be tested on the different types of iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
- A Preview in the iOS Simulator can be activated right from the Twixl Distribution Platform.
- In-App Purchases, Subscriptions, Keep All Data Offline, ... : All these functionalities are fully functional
- This solution works only on a Mac
- You cannot test on Android devices
How do I do this?
- Launch the Twixl Publisher macOS App.
- Click Preview.
- Select the Preview Type
- Paste the App Key.
- Select whether you want to include unpublished articles or not.
- Click on Continue.
- Choose the desired iOS Simulator and iOS version and click Continue.
- Wait for the Twixl Publisher Mac App to finish the build.
- You can now test your app in the iOS Simulator.
You can invoke a Preview article-based app in iOS Simulator right from the Twixl Distribution Platform:
- From the Application Overview panel (your Home Screen on the Twixl Distribution Platform).
- From the Application Details panel.
Just click on the preview in simulator link and click on Preview in the next screen. That Twixl Publisher macOS app will launch and do the rest.