The Browser Client is a third Twixl publishing platform. Next to publishing your app on iOS and Android apps, you can also offer the full app experience in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.
ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF THE BROWSER CLIENT:
Please note that the Browser Client is not intended as a replacement for a mobile app, nor it is intended as a replacement for a normal web site. Its primary focus is to display all contents of an app in a desktop browser. This may be especially handy for in-house applications (sales tools, marketing tools): if not all employees in the company have access to a mobile device, you can use the browser client to provide this content to these users.
How to activate the Browser Client?
- When you go to the Application Menu of your app, you'll notice a menu item called Browser Client.
- Click on Enable Browser Client to enable the Browser Client for that particular app.
Available options after enabling the Browser Client
- Try Browser Client: This will launch a new window with the Browser Client version of your app.
- Settings: allows you to change the settings.
- Disable Browser Client: lets you deactivate the Browser Client for this particular app.
- Pre-render Content: This prepares all your content for fast viewing in the Browser Client. By default, the Twixl platform will pre-render content on a regular basis in the background.
Custom Domain Settings
If you want to work with a Custom Domain Name, that's possible. Enter the subdomain name in the settings field. Don't forget to first add a CNAME record to the DNS server for your domain (like
myapp.mydomain.com) that points to
Once you have entered the details for your custom domain in the Browser Client Settings, it will not be activated automatically. Please create a support ticket to ask our support team to activate it. A HTTPS (Let's Encrypt) certificate will then be created for you. The renewal of this certificate will be done automatically as well. Good for your ease of mind!
Other Browser Client Settings
- Google Analytics Key: Built-in Twixl analytics are not available at this time. But you can always setup a Google Analytics Key in this field.
Apple App ID: Safari provides a standardized method of bannering apps on the App Store from a website. The Browser Client has built-in support for that.
You need your app-id from iTunes Connect. To find your app ID from the iTunes Link Maker, type the name of your app in the Search field, and select the appropriate country and media type. In the results, find your app and select iPhone App Link in the column on the right. Your app ID is the nine-digit number in between
- Next, you need to copy-paste that nine-digit number in your Browser Client Apple App ID field.
- You need your app-id from iTunes Connect. To find your app ID from the iTunes Link Maker, type the name of your app in the Search field, and select the appropriate country and media type. In the results, find your app and select iPhone App Link in the column on the right. Your app ID is the nine-digit number in between
ABOUT GOOGLE ANALYTICS:
To generate a Google Analytics Key:
- Login to analytics.google.com
- Create a new Property of the type
- Add a View for
Webto the Property
- If needed, you can link this new Property to the old native Google Analytics property you used before. Look for the option User existing on-page tag