Add 3D VR walkthroughs.
If you are using Twixl Publisher 5.1.5 or higher, you should follow the instructions of this article!
What is a panorama VR?
A panorama VR lets you view a complete environment in 360°, but also lets you tilt so you can e.g. also have a look at the sky and at the floor within that environment.
Here's a VR example from Apple's HTML5 sample pages.
In order to use a panorama VR with Twixl Publisher, you need six images that represent the six inner sides of a cube. Several tools are available on the market to generate these six tiles, based on cylindrical or spherical images.
You can use Adobe Photoshop to create a 3D panorama image first. Then you will need a tool like Pano2VR to convert your panorama image into the six images that the Twixl Publisher plug-in expects.
- Create you panorama image (e.g. in Photoshop).
- Download and install Pano2VR.
- Open your panorama image in Pano2VR.
- Select “Convert Input”, then choose "Cube Faces" from the Type menu, and choose JPEG or PNG as the format type.
- Select a location where you want to save the files, then click "Convert" to generate the six files.
To integrate a panorama VR object in Twixl Publisher, create a rectangle, then select the Panorama VR palette in the Twixl Publisher plug-in palette.
Select the folder that contains the 6 tiles of your panorama.
The Panorama VR is not officially supported on Android. While it may work on some devices, we cannot guarantee a wide compatibility across all devices because of the multitude of different hardware and browser specifications.