Different types of content items can be added to a collection.
Here's an overview of the different types of content items:
- HTML article (to be uploaded in a zipped format with an index.html file at the root)
- Twixl .article exported from InDesign (also to be uploaded in zipped format) (1)
- PDF file
- Image (JPG or PNG)
- Movie (H.264 encoded MP4)
- Youtube movie (links to online movie)
- Vimeo movie (links to online movie)
- Inline Web Viewer (will display web content in line)
- Embedded Web Viewer (will display uploaded web content in line)
- Placeholder (a non-interactive Content Item to show text and/or an image, mainly used for a visual)
Several types of links are also available:
- Collection link (create a link to an existing collection)
- Collection & Link (create a new collection and a link to it at the same time)
- Content Item Alias (lets you link to the same content item from different locations, even with different Cell Styles)
- Web link (a link to a web page) (2)
.article is an extension that Twixl Publisher has been using since 2013. Unfortunately Adobe decided to use this very same extension in DPS 2015 (now AEM Mobile). Only Twixl .article files can be uploaded as content items, and not DPS/AEM .article files.
Three ways to add content items to your app
Content items can be add to your app in different ways:
- You can upload content items manually
- You can import complete Twixl .publication files exported from InDesign: in your app, select a collection, and at the top an option "Import publication" will be available. When you upload the zipped .publication, it will then be processed and automatically split into separate .article content items
- Push content from solutions like WoodWing Inception, Canvasflow, TruEdit, vjoon K4 etc.
Sorting content items in a collection
There are different ways to determine the order of the content items in a collection:
- By Publish date, most recent first
- By Publish date, oldest first
- By Creation Date, most recent first
- By Creation date, oldest first
- By Title, A to Z
- By Title, Z to A
- Manual -> you can use drag and drop to arrange the order of the content items.