When you add a new app on the Twixl Distribution Platform, the following information should be entered:
- Application Name
- Application Title: Use this to customize the title shown in the home screen of your app. Leave empty to use the application name
- Application Identifier: This should be a reverse DNS name like com.twixlmedia.appname - only lowercase characters, numbers and dots should be used.
- Application Icon: Upload an icon that will be displayed in your app list - it will be resized automatically
- Support Email: The email address to where a copy of the support emails should be sent to.
- Application Type: Article-based
- Mode: We advise you to do all your testing in 'Development' mode. Once you are ready to go live with your iOS/Android app you can convert the 'Development' app to a 'Production' app.
When you select 'Edit application' after your app has been created, a number of extra app options can be set.
- Supported orientations: set the orientations you intend to support - you can make a different choice for tablets and phones.
- Analytics Keys: If you want to work with Google Analytics in your app, enter the keys for iOS and Android here (either two different keys, or the same key for both).
- Colors: set toolbar background color, toolbar foreground colors (i.e. for displaying the title), toolbar tint color (for navigation actions), app tint color (for messages in the app).
- Toolbar Fonts: allows you to select custom fonts - see more on this below.
- Prompt for App Store Rating: Prompts the user to rate your app in the App Store.
- Article Preloading: When opening a collection, preloads the content items in the background for faster loading and offline storage.
- Sharing in Social Media: When allowing sharing on social media, users can share articles on social media.
Working with Custom Fonts
In article-based apps, you can use custom fonts.
To upload your fonts, select 'Custom Fonts' from the app's top menu.
When adding fonts, you can either add Truetype (.ttf) or OpenType (.otf) fonts. Once the fonts have been uploaded, you will be able to select them if you edit the application options.
Make sure you have the proper licenses for your fonts that allow you to distribute them digitally.