1. About Item Styles
Legacy 'Cell Styles' were replaced by 'Item Styles' several years ago, as they offer a lot more capabilities.
Cell styles are a deprecated feature and will cease to function on October 1st, 2023, so if your app is still using cell styles, follow the procedure below asap!
2. Check the Twixl version of your app
Check the version of Twixl Publisher that was used to build your app - you can use the report 'Views by Twixl version' to verify this. It should be 18.x or higher.
If your app was created using an older release, then you want to do the following:
- Download the Twixl app for iOS or Android - see here.
- After installing the app, open it and scan the barcode for your app on the platform
- You can now preview the app to verify it works as expected with the latest release
- Once you have verified that it works properly, all you need to do is to build and distribute an update of your app, based on the latest Twixl version.
When your app update has been published, you can then proceed with step 3 below.
3. How to migrate ?
If all the users of your app are on a recent Twixl version, then go ahead and select 'upgrade to 'item styles'' on the main page for your app on the platform.
Once you've done that, you can take advantage of the extra features that are possible when using 'Item Styles'. The change will have no impact on your existing designs and the move to item styles will be done completely transparently.
As always, we recommend that you plan regular updates of your Twixl app, based on the latest Twixl release, as this guarantees support for newer iOS or Android versions, newer devices, bug fixes, etc.